What to bring for a Costa Rica Fishing Charter
You have reserved your fishing charter and are ready to go. What do you need to take on the trip? Most of the items we recommend are for comfort and protection on your Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg, Clearwater or Costa Rica inshore or offshore fishing charters.
Be comfortable on your fishing charter
Be ready for changing weather conditions during different times of the day. Layered clothing is an excellent choice, as mornings are cooler and late afternoons are warmer. Always be ready for the surpise rain shower that may come in. The time of year will also have an impact on your fishing clothing. Your charter Captain will be able to give you the most up to date weather conditions just prior to your trip. Be sure to ask!
Be smart on your fishing charter
Adequate protection from the sun is essential for a perfect day on the water. Protective clothing and adequate sun screening products will keep you safe. The sun’s direct rays, and the sun’s reflection off the water, can be very dangerous for your skin, even when you are under shade. Don’t be stupid, no sunburns please.
Recommended Items to think about when packing for your inshore or deep-sea fishing charters:
- Non-skid rubber sole shoes are highly recommended
- Dress in light colored clothing as to not retain heat on warm days
- Lightweight micro-fiber long sleeve shirts to protect arms from the sun are optimum
- Take your favorite hat (wide brimmed is the most protection)
- Short shorts when warm, long when cold
- Waterproof windbreaker for possible rain and cooler mornings
- Swimsuit, as you never know when you’ll get the urge for a swim
- Polarized sunglasses to protect your eyes, cut the glare and to see fish better
- Sunscreen and lip balm that protect from UVA and UVB rays
- Seasickness medication if you’re prone to seasickness
- Bug spray for inshore fishing by the mangroves
- Hand sanitizer if you don’t want to smell like bait
- Waterproof bag or backpack for your personal belongings
- Camera or smartphone to take a picture of your best catch
When adequately prepared for your fishing charter, you can relax and enjoy the day knowing that you have every angle covered. You can enjoy the day catching a variety of fish on your Costa Rica, Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg and Clearwater fishing charter including, Tarpon, Snook, Trout, Redfish, Kingfish, Grouper, Snapper, Tuna, Swordfish and Mahi.
Picking a fishing charter Captain
It’s recommended to do your homework when it comes time to decide on which charter Captain you would like to go fishing with. Do some research to help determine if a charter Captain would be suitable for your needs. Be sure and read the reviews of any fishing charter you are considering. It’s encouraged not to only go by the star rating, but see what people are actually saying.
If you’re on the market for a Costa Rica, St. Petersburg, Clearwater or Tampa Bay Fishing Charter, be sure and give the crew at YACHTFISH Fishing Charters a text. Our experience with YACHTFISH and Captain Matt Douglas has been second to none. We highly recommend giving them a try. We can guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
YACHTFISH Fishing Charters • 795 39th Ave NE, St. Petersburg, FL 33703 • (727) 433-4200
CommentairesAucun commentaire pour le moment
Suivre le flux RSS des commentaires
Ajouter un commentaire